McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University is a family friendly employer. All McGaw housestaff and their families are eligible to receive reduced tuition rates at two daycare centers conveniently located near the Chicago campus. Additional subsidized spaces have been added for Academic Year 2015–2016.
Through an agreement with McGaw, Northwestern University offers childcare fee assistance for housestaff who have children enrolled at the Bernice E. Lavin Early Childcare Center, University Children's Center, and Bright Horizons at Evanston. The fee assistance program will have the same eligibility requirements as the existing university childcare fee assistance programs. Funds are awarded to Northwestern University families who demonstrate financial need and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Recipients must be full-time housestaff
- Children must be enrolled full time, five days per week, at the center
- Combined family income must be $100,000 or less, as documented on last year's tax return
- Recipients cannot be receiving childcare fee assistance/scholarship from other sources (e.g., a program of another entity)
- Both parents must be employed or in school full time (as consistent with Northwestern Dependent Care Flexibility Spending Account rules)
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, beginning in January for the following school year. Families currently receiving assistance are given priority. School year awards are determined on a first-come, first-served basis.
For additional information on the Fee Assistance Program, contact Matt Allerton, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-926-5437.
Bernice E. Lavin Early Childhood Education Center
Hours: Monday–Friday 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
411 East Ontario Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611
University Children's Center
Hours: Monday–Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
446 East Ontario Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611
Additional information about the University Children's Center can be found on the Northwestern University benefits site.
Bright Horizons at Evanston
Hours: Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
1629 Orrington Avenue, Evanston, Illinois 60201
Additional information about Bright Horizons at Evanston can found on their website.